Pulverized limestone products are produced by grinding and screening industrial-grade limestone and dolomite.
These products are used in a variety of applications including:
- Mining - rock dust is used to suppress coal-dust explosions.
- Agriculture - to neutralize soil acidity, increase plant nutrients, increase organic matter, enhance soil organisms and increase trace elements.
- Exhaust-gas scrubbers - in industrial and power plants.
- Scrubber reagents - for sulfur removal in circulating, fluidized bed boilers.
- Roofing materials - as a filler in asphalt shingles.
- Drilling mud additives - an essential component in drilling mud.
- Glass stone - a primary ingredient in the glass-making process.
- Feed supplements - provides essential minerals in animal feed.