Graymont's high calcium hydrated lime (Ca(OH)2) is a highly alkaline dry powder suitable for use across a wide range of applications.
High calcium hydrated lime in powdered form typically has at least 75% calcium oxide and 25% water. High calcium hydrated lime easily forms as a suspension or slurry and is then often pumped to multiple process locations within industrial plants. The resulting solution is strongly alkaline, having a pH of around 12.4.
High calcium hydrated lime offers our customers several benefits such as:
- Safer Handling - it is often simpler and safer to handle than other more aggressive alkaline materials
- Precipitation and flocculation - The precipitation and flocculation properties of high calcium hydrated lime are well known as heavy metal contaminants are readily precipitated in the right pH conditions.
- pH hot spots - High calcium hydrated lime in slurry form is less likely to form pH hot spots particularly in wastewater treatment settings. The product will also precipitate phosphorous to very low levels which is particularly useful in a wastewater setting.
- Adhesion properties - High calcium hydrated lime is a excellent bitumen adhesion agent when used in asphalt manufacture and can be delivered to asphalt mixes in either powder or liquid form.
- Lower costs - In most situations, slurried hydrated lime does not require heating.
High calcium hydrated lime products are available in various formats including bulk in pneumatic tanker, sacks and paper bags on request.
High calcium hydrated lime is available across all regions we operate including Canada, USA, New Zealand, Malaysia, Australia and the Philippines. These products are also often exported further afield. Please contact our sales team to enquire about high calcium hydrated lime.