Graymont strives to be world-class in everything it does as the Company pursues its mission to responsibly meet society’s needs for quality lime and stone products. We recognize that collaboration with Aboriginal, First Nations and Indigenous communities is essential for the realization of Graymont’s mission and world-class vision.
The following principles guide us in our efforts to build and maintain effective long-term relationships:
- Graymont is committed to recognizing the unique rights of Aboriginal, First Nations and Indigenous peoples as well as understanding and respecting their history, customs, beliefs and traditions.
- Graymont is committed to earning respect of Aboriginal, First Nations and Indigenous peoples.
- Graymont is committed to listening and communicating openly and honestly.
- Graymont is committed to consulting in a timely and culturally appropriate manner as well as proactively engaging Aboriginal, First Nations and Indigenous peoples to ensure protection and enhancement of their communities.
- Graymont recognizes and respects Aboriginal, First Nations and Indigenous peoples’ special relationship with the land and the environment. We take our obligations to the land and our responsibility to operate in an environmentally responsible manner seriously.
Graymont is committed to building long term, mutually beneficial relationships with Aboriginal, First Nations and Indigenous communities that are based on respect and trust. We are focused on creating value in many areas including the following:
Education and Employment
- Supporting Aboriginal, First Nations and Indigenous peoples in developing their potential and increasing their ability to pursue rewarding careers with Graymont and other areas.
- Working closely with Aboriginal, First Nations and Indigenous businesses to find mutually beneficial opportunities for supplying goods and services to our operations.
- Investing in opportunities to build capacity for future progress while supporting Aboriginal, First Nations and Indigenous Peoples’ cultures, traditions and priorities.